WikiNow lets you discover the news you care about, follow the topics that matter to you and share your favourite stories with your friends.

© WikiNow

Global Magneto Resistive RAM (MRAM) Market 2018 Share and Analysis: Spin Transfer Technologies, Toshiba ... - faircolumnist.com

TSMC, Avalanche Technology Inc, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, Toshiba, Spin Transfer Technologies, NVE Corporation, Everspin Technologies Inc. and Honeywell International Inc. Types — The particulars of the product is vital in virtually any market, ...

External ODD Market Development Trends, Key Manufacturers and Competitive Analysis 2017-2022 - Chronicle India

... with a continuing development in the upcoming years. Top Key Players of External ODD Market: Hitachi-LG Data Storage, Liteon ODD, STW, Pioneer, Lenovo, Dell, Sony, ASUS, e-elei, Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corporation, HP, Buffalo.

Semiconductor Memory Market Share By Key Players: Toshiba, Samsung, SanDisk Corporation, IBM, Atmel ... - Depositor Money

Semiconductor Memory Market Share By Key Players: Toshiba, Samsung, SanDisk Corporation, IBM, Atmel Corporation, Crocus Technology, Fujitsu ... These are also cheaper than SRAM and have a higher storage capacity. The demand for PCRAM is ...

External ODD Market Analysis, Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Growth Rate Analysis ... - Newszak (blog)

External ODD market competition by top manufacturers, with production, price, revenue (value) and market share for each manufacturer; the top players including as per bellow: Sony, Liteon ODD, Buffalo, STW, Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology ...

New IC Manufacturing Lines to Boost Total Industry Wafer Capacity 8% - Design and Reuse (press release)

However, with Samsung, SK Hynix, Micron, Intel, Toshiba/WD, and XMC/Yangtze River Storage Technology planning to significantly ramp up 3D NAND flash capacity over the next few years, and Samsung and SK Hynix boosting DRAM capacity this year and ...

SK Hynix's strategy pays off with Toshiba unit investment - Nikkei Asian Review

Samsung Electronics is expanding its DRAM chip production lines at its plant in Pyeongtaek, about 65km south of Seoul, to meet increasing demand. And while SK Hynix plans to increase its DRAM production in China, Yangtze River Storage Technology, ...

Digitimes Research: UFS-based NAND flash solutions to become mainstream storage technology for mobile devices - Digitimes

The difference will make UFS2.1 NAND flash chips the mainstream storage technology for smartphones in 2017, Digitimes Research commented. Samsung Electronics, SK Hynix and Toshiba are currently the major suppliers of UFS-based chips, while Micron ...

Toshiba's new 3D storage tech equals bigger, faster memory chips - Digital Trends

Flash memory makers typically slap special names on their 3D NAND technology, such as Intel's 3D XPoint brand, Samsung's V-NAND brand, and Toshiba's BiCS brand, which is short for Bit Cost Scaling. Ultimately, all three achieve the same purpose of ...

Toshiba memory spinoff raises tech security fears - Nikkei Asian Review

Yoshimitsu Kobayashi, chairman of the Japan Association of Corporate Executives and an outside director at Toshiba, raised concerns at a news conference Tuesday that key data storage technology could fall into the wrong hands. "China is spending nearly ...

Apple partners Foxconn and TSMC said to be bidding on Toshiba storage shares to bolster Samsung competition - 9 to 5 Mac

Digitimes cites Chinese publication Liberty Times in reporting that Apple manufacturing partners Foxconn and TSMC are planning to bid for shares of Toshiba's flash storage business. The move could bolster Toshiba against Samsung which leads in the ...

Toshiba Flash Memory Business Looks For Investors - Forbes

Toshiba is now officially looking for a minority investor in its NAND flash business. Western Digital, who has a joint stake in NAND flash fabs with Toshiba is one of the companies in the bidding for a piece of a $3.2B business. In addition to Western ...

Western Digital, Toshiba announce first 512Gbit 64-layer TLC 3D-NAND - ExtremeTech

Western Digital and Toshiba have jointly announced that they have begun initial production on 64-layer 3D NAND in 512Gb capacities. This new pilot production at the company's fab in Yokkaichi, Japan, is expected to ramp up to commercial volumes within ...

Changjiang Storage is on a mission to build China's chip industry - Nikkei Asian Review

HEFEI, China Yangtze River Storage Technology, a Chinese government-backed company also known as Changjiang Storage, is in talks with overseas memory chip makers, including U.S.-based Micron Technology about partnerships aimed at expanding its ... 4 ...

Former Toshiba-Samsung Venture Losing Bankruptcy Shields - Law360

According to a notice filed Thursday by attorneys for the foreign representative of Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Korea Corp., the Seoul Central District Court dismissed the company's reorganization case because its liquidation value is higher ...

Electronics Weekly - Toshiba Debuts New Flash Memory, Samsung Partners on SCM - ENGINEERING.com

FMS marked the debut of Toshiba's new big data analytic platform technology: Flashmatrix. This platform features integrated compute, storage and network elements optimized for high performance, suitable for hybrid cloud architectures and edge-based ...

Toshiba to start making 100TB QLC Flash Drives in coming months - Techworm

Japanese tech company, Toshiba is not far behind in the storage capacity race. Making a presentation at the Flash Memory Summit, Toshiba described its foray into Quad Level Cell or QLC Flash. While Micron and Samsung are setting their eyes on 3D NAND ...

'Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology (TSST) stopped making CD, DVD and Blu-ray burners' - myce.com

Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology (TSST) has stopped making CD, DVD and Blu-ray computer drives since mid-April this year, leaving only Lite-on and LG-Hitachi as the only optical disk drive (ODD) manufacturers. The news comes from KitGuru who ...

TSST has stopped manufacturing optical drives - KitGuru

Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology (TSST), the joint venture between the two named firms that manufactures optical drives, is no longer making them according to sources familiar with the matter. This has left some third parties purportedly low on stock ...

Western Digital's Acquisition of SanDisk Officially Closes - AnandTech

“This transformational combination creates a media-agnostic leader in storage technology with a robust portfolio of products and solutions that will address a wide range of applications in almost all of the world's computing and mobile devices,” said ...

BRIEF-Toshiba says unit Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology seeking protection from creditors - Reuters

BRIEF-Toshiba says unit Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology seeking protection from creditors. Reuters Staff. 1 Min Read. May 12 (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp : * Toshiba says South Korea unit Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology seeking protection from ...

Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corporation is an international joint venture company of Toshiba and Samsung Electronics . Toshiba owns 51% of its stock, while Samsung owns the remaining 49%. The company specialises in optical disc drive manufacturing. The company was established in 2004.

Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corporation
Storage Technologies
Industry Data Storage
Founded 1 April 2004
Headquarters Shibaura, Minato, Tokyo,
Japan
Key people
Hiroshi Suzuki, President & CEO
Products Optical disc drives
Owner Toshiba 51%
Samsung Electronics 49%
Website www.tsstodd.com

Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corporation (abbreviated TSST) is an international joint venture company of Toshiba (Japan) and Samsung Electronics (South Korea). Toshiba owns 51% of its stock, while Samsung owns the remaining 49%. The company specialises in optical disc drive manufacturing. The company was established in 2004.

A slimline DVD Writer TS-L633

The company's headquarters is located in Shibaura, Minato, Tokyo, Japan with Hiroshi Suzuki as its President and CEO. Its subsidiary, Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Korea Corporation is located in Suwon, South Korea, and headed by Dae Sung Kim.

Each corporation in Japan and Korea has the individual directorate system. For the business issues, TSST has been discussing it through the common relevant organization for mutual consent. TSST is currently responsible for the product development, marketing and sales, and has been taking advantage of the existing network of Samsung Electronics and Toshiba for manufacturing, sales, and after-sales service.

In October 2009, TSST had received a subpoena from the U.S. Justice Department for possibly violating the antitrust laws.