WikiNow lets you discover the news you care about, follow the topics that matter to you and share your favourite stories with your friends.

© WikiNow

The 2002 National Hockey League Entry Draft was held June 22–23 at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario. Two hundred and ninety-one players were drafted in total: 35 from the Ontario Hockey League ; 23 from the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League ; 43 from the Western Hockey League ; 41 from the National Collegiate Athletic Association hockey conferences; six from U.S. high schools and 110 from outside North America.

2002 NHL Draft
NHL - 2002 Draft Toronto.JPG
General information
Date(s) June 22–23, 2002
Location Toronto, Ontario
First selection Canada Rick Nash
NHL Entry Draft
 < 2001 2003 > 

The 2002 National Hockey League (NHL) Entry Draft was held June 22–23 at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario. Two hundred and ninety-one players were drafted in total: 35 from the Ontario Hockey League (OHL); 23 from the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL); 43 from the Western Hockey League (WHL); 41 from the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) hockey conferences; six from U.S. high schools and 110 from outside North America.

Rick Nash- 2002 NHL Draft

1st overall selection, Columbus Blue Jackets.

A Look Back At The NHL Draft In 2002

Episode #038 - A Look Back At The NHL Draft In 2002 In this video I go through the top 20 Draft picks from 2002 and also look at some of the players drafted in ...

First NHL Draft Picks 2002 - 2016

First Overall NHL Draft Picks Don't forget to like and share DONATE https://www.paypal.me/YegHeat Also Check Out My Instagram ...

Rick Nash selected 1st overall at the 2002 NHL Entry Draft

Rick Nash of the London Knights goes first overall to the Columbus Blue Jackets at the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. No copyright infringement intended. Check out my ...

Leafs Behind the Draft 2002

Leafspace episode looks back on their first "Behind the Draft," 2002.

2002 NHL All Access 1/7

Behind the scenes at the 2002 All Star Game (Staples Center - Los Angeles) Part I: Players get the all-star treatment: cheese and crackers.