WikiNow lets you discover the news you care about, follow the topics that matter to you and share your favourite stories with your friends.

© WikiNow

Court awards Itumbi Sh5 million for illegal detention after ICC hacking claims - The Star, Kenya

The High court has awarded Dennis Itumbi Sh5 million for illegal detention and arrest over alleged hacking of the ICC website in 2012. The State House senior director of digital communications sued the government after he was arrested and detained ...

Stafanie Taylor up for top ICC award - ESPN

West Indies allrounder Stafanie Taylor has become the first woman to be nominated for the ICC Cricketer of the Year award after being included in the 2012 longlist for the ICC's top accolade. This is the first time the men's and women's voting academy ...

Run-machine Kohli Rules ICC Awards, Claims Top Honors - Siliconeer

“It means a lot to win the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for becoming the ICC Cricketer of the Year 2017 and also the ICC ODI Player of the Year,” Kohli was quoted as saying in an ICC statement. “I won that back in 2012 also but it's the first time ...

Virat Kohli named ICC Cricketer of the Year, Steve Smith wins top Test award - Hindustan Times

Australia captain Steve Smith, on the other hand, has been named as the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year. This is the second instance of Kohli receiving the ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year award. Earlier, he had walked away with the same honour in 2012.

Here is what Sachin Tendulkar said after Virat Kohli sweeps ICC awards - The Statesman

And this is the second time when Virat is crowned ODI cricketer of the year. He had won the same award in 2012. Virat also becomes the fourth Indian to win Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy award. Other than Virat, only Sachin Tendulkar (2010), Rahul Dravid ...

After Virat Kohli Sweeps ICC Awards, A Message From Idol Sachin Tendulkar - NDTVSports.com

Many congratulations, @imVkohli!,"tweeted Tendulkar, who is considered by Kohli as his cricketing idol, after the India captain was named ICC's Cricketer of the Year. Kohli was also named ODI Cricketer of the Year and picked to captain the Test and ODI ...

ICC Awards: Virat Kohli wins Cricketer of the Year and ODI Player of the Year - PINKVILLA

Virat said, "It means a lot to me to win Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for becoming the ICC Cricketer of the Year 2017 and also ICC ODI Player of the Year. I won that back in 2012 also but this is the first time I'm winning the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy ...

Cricket: Virat Kohli Grabs Top ICC Awards - India West

Moments after the awards were announced, an elated Kohli said winning the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy felt more special after his teammate Ravichandran Ashwin bagged it last year. It is the second time Kohli has been named as the ODI Cricketer of the ...

Kohli wins Sir Garfield Sobers trophy for ICC Cricketer of the Year - Daily Times

A delighted Kohli said in a statement: “It means a lot to me to win the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Cricketer of the Year and ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year. I won the ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year back in 2012 but this is the first time I have ...

Top ICC awards for Virat - The Telegraph

Kohli also won his second ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year award after having won the same award in 2012, making him the first cricketer to win the trophy and the ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year award in the same year. In the race for the ODI award, Kohli ...

Kohli and Smith win big at ICC awards - ESPN

India's Virat Kohli hit a windfall at the ICC awards after being named both cricketer and captain of the year. He also regained a trophy he had won for the first time in 2012 as he was named ODI player of the year as well. The corresponding prize for ...

Virat Kohli sweeps ICC awards after India lose Test series in South Africa - India Today

Kohli, in a special video message for the ICC, said it was an honour to win the ICC awards, especially the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for Cricketer of the Year since he had already on the ODI Cricketer of the Year in 2012. But the new year hasn't begun ...

Exceptional Virat Kohli named ICC Cricketer of the Year - The New Indian Express

"It means a lot to win the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for becoming the ICC Cricketer of the Year 2017 and also the ICC ODI Player of the Year," Kohli was quoted as saying in an ICC statement. "I won that back in 2012 also but it's the first time ...

Kohli Named ICC Cricketer of the Year; Also Bags ODI Cricketer Award - News18

New Delhi: Though nothing is going Indian skipper Virat Kohli's way in the ongoing series against South Africa, there is finally something to cheer about for the Indian fans as the star batsman has won the Sir Garfield Sobers Cricketer of the year, and ...

Honoured to win the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy: Virat Kohli - Times of India

NEW DELHI: Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli has been named as the winner of the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy at the 2017 ICC Awards for his exceptional performances across all formats and commenting about the award the 29-year-old stated that he is ...

WATCH | 'Really honoured': Virat Kohli humbled after sweeping major ICC awards of 2017 - Daily News & Analysis

"It means a lot to me to win the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy, for becoming the ICC Cricketer of the Year 2017, and also the ICC ODI Player of the Year " said Kohli. "I won that award back in 2012 also but thie is the first time I'm winning the Sir ...

ICC Cricketer of the Year Virat Kohli thanks apex board for recognizing his hard work - Times Now

"It means a lot to me to win the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for becoming the ICC Cricketer of the Year and the ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year. I won that back in 2012 also," Kohli said. "This is the first time I am winning the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy ...

Virat Kohli named ICC cricketer of the year - Jagran Josh

Indian Captain Virat Kohli was named the ICC Men's Cricketer of the Year at the ICC annual awards, which were announced in Dubai on 18 January 2018. The award ... This is the second time that Kohli has won the award, his first being in 2012. It is also ...

ICC Award: Virat Kohli adjudged World Cricketer of the Year, Captain of ODI, Test team - Dekh News

“It means a lot to win to win the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for becoming the ICC Cricketer of the Year 2017 and also the ICC ODI Player of the Year,” Kohli said. “I won that back in 2012 also, though the first time winning the Garfield Sobers Trophy ...

Kohli bags top ICC awards and named captain of ICC teams - gulfnews.com

Dubai: Indian captain Virat Kohli has been named the cricketer and captain the year in the International Cricket Council annual awards. He was also named the One Day International player of the year. Australia Steve Smith is the Test cricketer of the year.

The 2012 LG ICC Awards were held on 15 September 2012 in Colombo in Sri Lanka. The International Cricket Council has been hosting ICC Awards since 2004 and now is in its eighth year. The previous ones were held in London , Sydney , Mumbai , Johannesburg , Dubai , Bengaluru and London . The ICC awards Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy to the Cricketer of the Year which is considered the most prestigious award in world cricket.

ICC Awards 2012 Logo

The 2012 LG ICC Awards were held on 15 September 2012 in Colombo in Sri Lanka. The International Cricket Council (ICC) has been hosting ICC Awards since 2004 and now is in its eighth year. The previous ones were held in London (2004), Sydney (2005), Mumbai (2006), Johannesburg (2007, 2009), Dubai (2008), Bengaluru (2010) and London (2011). The ICC awards Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy to the Cricketer of the Year which is considered the most prestigious award in world cricket.